[SEL] "Free wheel, Locked wheel"

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 24 02:34:35 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Bowen" <rustaholic777 at yahoo.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: [SEL] "Free wheel, Locked wheel"

> Right you are Rick,
> Plus you can have the belt on the loose pulley for engine starting.
> I have a very nice old power hacksaw.
> It was built to be powered by an overhead line shaft.
> You flip a lever to move the belt from the loose pulley onto the locked one. The saw starts
> cutting.  When the saw cuts through,,, the frame hits a lever that moves a rod that comes around
> and moves the belt back onto the loose wheel.
> And here I thought that switch was such a handy thing on my electric metal cutting band saw.  They
> HAD to put that switch there to make it do what the old timers did mechanically. 8>))
> Alan Bowen

Hi Alan, I took the following pictures about 20 years ago in a derelict cycle repair shop.
I bought all the machine tools but couldn't access the motor & shafting.
Sorry the pictures have deteriated over the years.
See
http://community.webshots.com/photo/74826143/303878124sNtrFH
http://community.webshots.com/photo/74826143/303884342KxBWkW
http://community.webshots.com/photo/74826143/303884364vcBeYh