[SEL] How we gonna cool it??

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Mar 12 09:34:28 PST 2005

Well 3" of snow on the ground and still comin'.  Yup Montana has two
seasons, Winter and July.  So will cyberbox up.

  Ya'll know we got this nice Universal Genset the other day:

http://community.webshots.com/album/291395326wWDmvi

In it's working days it was cooled by an open in/out circuit, connected to a
mountain stream..no recirc.  btw, no evidence of a thermostat either:-(.  It
does have a belt driven pump.

  Lookin' for suggestions on a recirc system.  We don't want a radiator/w
fan..altho they did make one like that.  I don't think tank cooled would
work, screen cooled maybe.  We do plan to loading it down, somehow.

  And here's another thing I've never seen.  Apparently the PO replaced the
commutator brushes but it appears he cut off the braided copper lead.  Just
the brush sitting in the holder(s) with the spring.  I don't like this as
any resistance there might cause the spring to heat up and lose tension.
What do you sparkies think of that??

Thanks gang and of course, Spence

"Now where'd I put that plow"????aaarrghhhhhhhhh

RickinMt.