[SEL] What was your best engine trip

craig morrison benzengines at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 12:54:33 PST 2005

Hi all,
        I seem to be one of those people that lurks in the background , only passing coment once in a while,after reading what has been said on this subject I thought I would have a go.
        It was decided that in stead of talking about going on to the continet to show our engines that we would actually take  the plunge and  show engines several times at the show In Nunen ( which is in Holland) and thinking that they were really great time with very friendly people from all over mainland eurpoe and further afield.
    After doing this 2 or 3 time Nev Beaty persuaded me that I should really try going to states as they had some really wicked shows. So it was about this time last year that all the arrangments were made by Nev.
    We left the UK in time to be over the pond ta attend the Badger steam and gas show.First it was sorted to go to McConnell to see Curt and Becky Andre who had made all the necessary arrangments for us and allthe list members who were there, also Curt had arranged for us to exhibit a couple of his engines.( I think this could be the first time a Scots man and a English man participated).
    We were made to fell totally at home by the members of the list that were there that weekend, after which we stayed the night with Curt and Becky, then left for Portland.
    All the arrangments for the accomidation at Portland were made by Scott Harvey. On attending it was sorted so Nev exhibited an engine owned by Scott, I on the other hand registered Arnies  bessemer ( another first in having Scotland represented at Portland later to become lake Portland)
    After meeting a lot of list members to many to mention with the possibility of missing someone out we were invited  to join everyone at Decatur for the evening.
    I can only conclude by saying that my first trip over the pond was my best engine trip so far.

        See you latter Craig  from sunny Scotland.

        P.S I hope to be back next year  !!!