[SEL] BYB/BRB

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 00:59:28 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Allen" <transteck at earthlink.net>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:55 AM
Subject: Re: [SEL] BYB/BRB

> I only have one copy. They are kinda spendy these days unless you get a
> deal. Mine was $160 on e-bay, and that seems to be about the going rate.
> For those of you looking for your first one check e-bay daily using
> keyword Wendel. That give the best results and sometimes you will find
> one in the wrong category. That can spell bargain. This is a must have
> book if you play with old engines.
> Jeff Allen

I wish you guys wouldn't remind me of my past mistakes.
About 20 years ago I met an old man living in a dilapidated
(But Expensive) country house. The only room in the house
that was spotless was his workshop.
I kept in touch by telephone & after about 5 years he didn't
reply to the phone.
I wrote to him & a relative said that he had died. He had sold
all the machine tools but said that I could buy the contents of the
derilict wooden garage.
I spent the entire summer at Engine shows selling the gear to recover
my money. The stuff left which cost me nothing was
An open frame Royce Dynamo and brass ammeter marked with
the origional Royce works. (Pre Rolls Royce.about 1890}
American Gasoline Engines since 1872 (BYB)
Encyclopedia of American Farm Tractors
150 Years of International Harvester
Encyclopedia of American Steam Traction Engines

My regrets are I sold the Traction Engine book for a good price
(At the time,cheap now) & a Dutchman offered me so much for the
Dynamo that I sold it in a moment of need.
Are my remaining Wendel books worth much nowadays?

Dave Croft
Warrington
England
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv