[SEL] What glue to use??

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 23 16:28:34 PDT 2005

Hi.....

I'm working on modifying a three groove 21 inch diameter vee belt pulley so
it will work with a flat belt.  I have some good condition vee belt that is
a good fit to the grooves and plan on gluing the belting into the grooves
to fill the voids.  The belting will stand just a little proud of the
pulley and should give a good surface with lots of traction for the flat belt.

At the moment I plan on using either Weldwood Contact Cement or possibly
Barge Cement (used to glue soles on shoes) as the glue.  Any thoughts as to
what might be better?

Thanks,

Larry Evans
Arcadia, Southern California, USA