[SEL] What glue to use??

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Sat Jul 23 17:10:41 PDT 2005

Hi Larry,

I've often thought of doing the same thing but never had the need.

As for glueing - My experience with Contact Cement is that it lets go
under heat.
Sometimes belts can generate some serious heat if pulling a load.

I'm not familiar with Barge Cement but I think I  would go with it.
Or - Maybe - Some sort of epoxy.

Have you given any thought to a "crown" in the surface.
"V" belts use different numbers for varying thickness.  Maybe a little
larger # on the center filler.

Keep us posted on how this works out for you.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com   - - -     www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.         "What I can do,
 \/)"(\/        together we can do better."   (R.W. Arbes)
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz