[SEL] Cooling for Fairbanks needed.

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sat Jul 9 16:05:37 PDT 2005

> One of the ideas floated was to acquire a period correct "cooler" to
> recirculate water to the engine. So I am soliciting for suggestions on
> what such a device would be and look like. Maybe someone even has one
> we can use. What would a cooler be? A wooden cooling tower with slats
> that trickle the water collected in a tank at the bottom? ORA plain
> wooden tank like this?
> <http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/
> Illinois%20Oil%20Lease/09.jpg>
> OR Something with a fan that creates updraft like you see in industry?

A big wooden barrel of water on the roof is what my dad told me cooled
the big F-M powering the ice plant in the town near the farm he grew up
on in Alabama. Thermosiphon cooling will work fine with pipes just
running into the bottom of such a container, separated fairly widely.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA