[SEL] OT: London bombings

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Fri Jul 8 12:03:51 PDT 2005

Firstly I'd like to thank all for the expressions of sympathy and
solidarity.  I'm fairly sure I speak for all of the Brit contingent on
the list when I say that it is greatly appreciated.

I was prompted to put fingers to keyboard by an article in my local
newspaper - the Shropshire Star of Friday, July 8, 2005.  There is no
by-line.

'Financial adviser Andy Jones, 38, said he considered staying away today
but refused to be beaten by the terrorists.  "If it's going to happen,
it's going to happen.  My wife wasn't too happy about me coming into
work but it's one of those things.  If you don't come in today, when do
you come in?  Next week?  Next month?  You just have to get on with
it."'
Peter Scales