[SEL] OT Not making trip to CT after all-

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Jan 26 18:07:59 PST 2005

Well, first of all I want to thank Ken for his efforts taking photos and
posting them for me.
I really appreciate it - and in the end it showed me some things about the
car that made me take a 3rd look and pause and think. Seems there was a
history of rust, and it wasn't fully beat. Nice as the car was, it wasn't
worth the price I would have had to bid to get it. Bummer. Some experts took
a look at the photos with me and pointed to things I nearly missed - or was
blind to........
Thanks, Ken

On the other hand, sometimes good things DO happen.
I've got a lead on a 1970, fully loaded with nearly all possible factory and
dealer options with only 24,000 actual miles on it. All original, all
matching numbers, runs and is one that can be restored to show condition
with little effort.  It's a rather rare combination and it's in the twin
cities area. (with a rather sought after engine for that model as well) He's
filmed it and is sending a DVD with movies and pics of the car later this
week.
Power steering, power disk brakes, AC, AT, 325 hp (some claim more like 340
hp) 390cid small block, 3.91 posi, torque links, ram air, rear Mark Donohue
type spoiler (factory), factory part number Edelbrock aluminum intake and
Edelbrock carb. Mallory coil, no rust, original paint and reverse C stripes,
factory 5 spoke mags, GO pack and Rally pack options, tilt wheel and get
this - factory 8 track!

All this means I won't be making a trip to Connecticut and back so won't be
able to help with engine hauling.........sorry.
I was actually looking forward to being able to help haul iron! Put that
truck to GOOD use.

Bill