[SEL] Gas Fired Soldering Iron Stove

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 05:59:04 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/21/2005 8:47:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, jlb94 at juno.com
writes:

<< Soldering Iron Stove you have. Did you ever get the supply tube open.? >>

Joe,

That iron heater was mine, see photo at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/iron%20heater.jpg

The tube in question goes from the valve thru the tank and bends 90 deg
towards the bottom of the tank.  I have not got it open, but soaking and not
working on it much.  The tank was at least 1/4 full of dried junk which I have
gotten out by rolling rocks in it. I assume the tube is in that condition too.  It
is a neat soldering iron heater, the likes of which I have not seen before.

I need to get back on this project!

Thanks for asking,

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA