[SEL] Did they ever make?

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Sat Jan 1 06:12:12 PST 2005

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA wrote:

>You would think so. It will be interesting to find out for sure just how they do work. Maybe a John Deere expert will chim in.
>Thanks
>Ron
>
>Prepair Ltd <prepair at easynet.co.uk> wrote:
>On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 03:36:20 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
>

>>I wonder why John Deere's don't fire evenly. I think they are 90 degrees
>>

>from eachother which means they fire say at 0 degrees then the other
>cylinder fires at 90 degrees, then it wouldn't fire again for 630
>degrees ??? 360 X 2 = 720 - 90 for the second cylinder = 630 . So it
>would fire 0 , 90, 630 , 720. Love the sound of one running at slow
>speed. You just can't duplicate that sound with any other type of
>engine.
>

>>Enough
>>Ron
>>

>They are almost certainly 180 degrees, same as most Lister twins. You
>then get a 'bang, bang, silence, silence' sort of firing which does
>sound odd

Ron, you could always build the engin you need for your tractor. Sounds
like it would be an easy and fun little project.   So are the throws
together or 180 from each other?

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark