[SEL] sorta O/T but safety related and bizarre

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Feb 21 20:54:54 PST 2005

At 11:06 PM 2/21/2005, you wrote:
>Guess they (whoever mounted the ball) figured all weight is on the down.
>And -
>Yes - You are lucky.
>Looks like they filled the hole with a nut ?
>Joe "Pip" Betz

I've looked at the pictures at least a dozen times and think I have
discovered the problem. The hitch is rated for 4,000 lbs and the jack that
Rick used was 2 1/4 ton! Plain as day right there in
http://community.webshots.com/photo/267622410/279540064rNbdde Once you
realize that the jack is rated 500 lbs more than the hitch it all falls
into place--or out of place as this case may be!
         Dave
PS, As Dolly would say EAZY PEAZY!