[SEL] Hotter than?

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Dec 24 06:00:53 PST 2005

G'day Ron,

You wouldn't be nippin' into the Christmas Cheer a bit early now would ya?
8-))  63 deg.C (145 deg.F) in Iraq would beat the hell out of the all-time ever
recorded high temperature for planet Earth.  That record was 58 deg.C (136
deg.F) measured at Al' Aziziyah, Libya in September of 1922.
http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/scienceques2001/20020524.htm

And Dave?  Just in case you haven't checked the LOCAL forecast, it should get up
to 49 deg.F here in the 'burgh today.  Warm enough to play in the shed some
(assuming I don't get drafted into helping prepare Christmas Eve dinner that
is).  8-))

See ya,  Arnie

PS - I hope that all of the toys that Santa leaves in everyone's stockings are
nice and rusty and really heavy!!  8-))

PPS - The Aussies hold the record for the longest stretch of serious beer
drinking weather.  "Longest hot spell (world): Marble Bar, W. Australia, 100
deg.F (38 deg.C) (or above) for 162 consecutive days, Oct. 30, 1923 to Apr. 7,
1924."  That'll require a couple of slabs of stubbies fer sure!!  8-))

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com