[SEL] springs

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:34:55 PST 2005

On 12/6/05, James Wiley <jlwiley123 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Arnie suggested I post the specs of the springs to the list - in case someone might have a spring catalog
> or extra springs laying around, so here goes:

Just a suggestion, but in a similar situation I try and find
applications that would use a similar item but not necessarily in an
engine.

We have small spring makers over here in the UK that could probably do
that size with no problem, in fact, Redditch used to be the centre of
spring making in the UK at one time, but many companies have gone now
as stuff gets made in the far east, you know the story by now.....

I'm in a similar position with the turret locking spring on one of our
Ward capstan lathes, and it looks like a hydraulic valve block might
have the spring I need :-))

Peter

--
Peter A Forbes