[SEL] springs

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Dec 6 08:14:13 PST 2005

Hi James,

If you had to compromise on spring OD or ID or solid height, what are your
hard constraints with this application?  Do the springs need to fit over a
rod of a certain diameter, or into a hole of a certain diameter?  Is there
a moving part that would be damaged if the spring went solid; if so what
is that minimum dimension?  For the second spring, a spring company would
not need the wire diameter, they would be able to work with the load /
deflection spec info.

As to posting the scanned drawings, if there's no copyright statement on
them, I don't think anyone would object.

What engine are these springs from again?  Have you contacted service
companies who service engines of this type?  They may know of spring
sources for these springs.  As you have observed, they aren't "standard"
dimensions.

One other place to get a quote would be Reid Supply Company.
www.reidsupply.com and email at: mail at reidsupply.com

Send 'em the scanned spring drawings.  They offer "Custom Made Springs" in
their catalog and don't require any minimum order.

Good luck!!  Be sure to let us know how you make out.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com