[SEL] Kwik-Poly

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Dec 5 11:04:07 PST 2005

Hi Arnie and Rob,
         I spoke with Dale Portrell moments ago and asked him what he
recommends for 'etching" Kwik-Poly prior to re coating it. (Dale is the guy
who is now manufacturing the stuff. He is at 314.344.8881.) Dale says that
they have not really found anything that does a good job of scratching the
surface of Kwik-Poly, but that plastic blasting beads might be worth a
try--if you can fine them. Put them in the tank and shake the hell out of
it! He recommends using muriatic (sp?) acid (50/50 w/water) prior to using
K-P in a gasoline tank--even an old rusty one. (Remember "do what you
otter, add acid to water!) He thinks that a stronger solution of the acid
might etch the K-P itself, but didn't know for sure. I'll try that after my
K-P arrives from Dale and (if I can remember) let the List know what
works/doesn't work.
         Dave