[SEL] Kwik-Poly

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Dec 5 09:40:43 PST 2005

Hi Rob,

The only bad experience I've had with Kwic-Poly was on a new tank that was
leaking when I first put gas into it.  This was at Coolspring and all I
did was drain the gas out, mix up a batch of KP and pour it in.  It held
nicely for most of the season, then began coming off.  Ever try and remove
loose KP through a 3/4" filler neck?  Not fun!

As I had borrowed the KP (of indeterminate age), I ordered a new batch
from either Charlie Bryant or Joe Kelley.  This time I used some
dishwashing detergent to thoroughly clean the inside of the tank and I
made sure it was dry inside.  Then did the KP.  That job has held
beautifully for 4 or 5 years now.  So that was KP over (some still
adhering) KP.  No special treatment other than a really good cleaning.

I've done other tanks with full success; just making sure that they were
clean before adding the KP.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA