[SEL] Fw: Broadband and the town of Manas ,Virginia,USA, a bit OT

Michael P. Koryciak guitronics at comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 01:37:28 PDT 2005

Amen to that,Tom. Do a google search for "ARRL" and you will see a
fantastic struggle between Amatuer Radio Operators (Ham's),and the FCC.
Europe  is paying dearly for it's BPL system(s).In the USA, FEMA  is on
record opposing BPL  as it "renders communications impossible" in an
emergency.

Can  you imagine a  Broadband-Over-Powerline system that covers even 1/3
of a country?
All "Over-the air" reception would suffer horribly.We're talking
cordless telephones, Cell phones (as if they already didn't have enough
problems),AM (Medium-Wave),F.M.,Short-Wave,Television....

BPL is Government sanctioned Pollution!