[SEL] Fw: Broadband and the town of Manas , Virginia, USA, a bit OT

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri Aug 26 14:07:56 PDT 2005

Peter,

Here is some information on our local electric coop and broadband over the
electric lines.  I think it is $100 for the initial in house equipment and then
$30/month after.  It is just starting with our electric company and will take
some time for it to reach all of us provided it proves to operate
satisfactory.  It is the only hope we have for high speed in our rural area except for
satellite and that is more expensive.  Will just have to settle for our country
dial up lines for now.

http://www.forcvec.com/bplcoop/

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA