[SEL] Wisconsin Model MBKND Status

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:48:56 PDT 2005

On 8/3/05, FRM8198 at aol.com <FRM8198 at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
> Well after being dead for several years, the Wisconsin Model MBKND  ran.  The
> biggest problem I had with this engine was the fuel line from the  gas tank
> to the carburetor was plugged.  The engine seems to perk right  along.  I just
> have to do a few more minor things before it is  finished.
> I noticed that the magneto is made by Teledyne.   However, it looks very much
> like a Fairbanks Morse J1.  Are the parts  interchangable?  This magneto puts
> out a very hot spark.
> Initially, I used a ¾ hp electric motor and vee belt to start  the engine.
> This method saves a lot of wear and tear on the arm trying to  start an engine
> that hasn't ran for a time.  Now, I am able to start the  engine now with a
> pull rope.
>
> Francis Maciel
> Santa Maria,  CA

Francis:

One of the Fairbanks-Morse service manuals that we have shows Colt
Industries as the owners of the business, and there are others
involved in the Wico magneto business as well.

Colt, Teledyne, Rockwell, Prestolite, Bendix were the main players
when magnetos were big business.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes