[SEL] Wisconsin Model MBKND Status

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 18:16:39 PDT 2005

Hi List,
Well after being dead for several years, the Wisconsin Model MBKND  ran.  The
biggest problem I had with this engine was the fuel line from the  gas tank
to the carburetor was plugged.  The engine seems to perk right  along.  I just
have to do a few more minor things before it is  finished.
I noticed that the magneto is made by Teledyne.   However, it looks very much
like a Fairbanks Morse J1.  Are the parts  interchangable?  This magneto puts
out a very hot spark.
Initially, I used a ¾ hp electric motor and vee belt to start  the engine.
This method saves a lot of wear and tear on the arm trying to  start an engine
that hasn't ran for a time.  Now, I am able to start the  engine now with a
pull rope.

Francis Maciel
Santa Maria,  CA