[SEL] RE: Wisconsin Model MBKND Status

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:53:36 PDT 2005

>Message: 8
>Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:16:39 EDT
>From: FRM8198 at aol.com
>Subject: [SEL] Wisconsin Model MBKND Status
>To: SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com
>
>Hi List,
>Well after being dead for several years, the Wisconsin Model MBKND  ran.
>The
>biggest problem I had with this engine was the fuel line from the  gas tank
>to the carburetor was plugged.  The engine seems to perk right  along.  I
>just
>have to do a few more minor things before it is  finished.
>I noticed that the magneto is made by Teledyne.   However, it looks very
>much
>like a Fairbanks Morse J1.  Are the parts  interchangable?  This magneto
>puts
>out a very hot spark.
>Initially, I used a ¾ hp electric motor and vee belt to start  the engine.
>This method saves a lot of wear and tear on the arm trying to  start an
>engine
>that hasn't ran for a time.  Now, I am able to start the  engine now with a
>pull rope.
>
>Francis Maciel
>Santa Maria,  CA

Congrats on getting the Wisconsin running!  I'd imagine that the mag looks
like a Fairbanks because it basically is one.  Probably a different company
building a mag of the same design.  I can't remeber seeing an air cooled
Wisconsin with anything other than a Fairbanks Mag.  I have a BKN on my
Gard'n Mast'r tractor and can relate to the cranking problem that you
experienced.  I did exactly the same trick with the electric motor.  Now
that it is properly tuned starts OK with the rope.  Now find something cool
to power with your engine!