[SEL] Making a spring

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Mon Aug 1 07:13:43 PDT 2005

> Where did you get the spring making kit with that small of
> holding jig like one we use for fence making?  Attempting
> doing one using a pair of pliers and was not successful.

Hi Curt,
I think what you're looking for is a Spring Winding Tool.  Take a look at this
item offered from MSC:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1759558&PMT4NO=471498

It works fairly well, holding the wire, maintaining tension and maintaining
pitch.  On the same page and the previous page of the catalog, MSC has two
different spring wire assortments.  You might as well get one of each so you'll
have the material on hand.

Rob

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California