[SEL] Making a spring

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Mon Aug 1 07:28:03 PDT 2005

The one I have is much simpler, you clamp the form (usually a bolt) in a
vise and move the tool around it.  I should have time this evening to take
some shots, including with the tool "in action" so you can see what it is
and how to use it.

Maybe someone can find it in a tool catalog, something more pedestrian than
McMaster.  The tool I have probably came from an outfit like Harbor Freight,
although I just checked their website and didn't find anything.

Now I just hope I can find it, LOL.  Yeah, I can picture just which drawer
it's in, unless those grandkids...

I agree, Curt, pliers just don't do it.  The bend radius is too long an arc,
you need to keep the pressure right up next to the form.  Again, a lesson
learned in fence making days.  Wish I could take a shot of the fence tool
but I don’t think I have one.  It's even simpler since it's for a single
purpose (approximate radius and size of wire).  Maybe I can sketch that for
you.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.