[SEL] Parmaco engine

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 07:39:23 PDT 2005

Yesterday, Millie and I went to a newly formed show near the North Carolina
border about 1 1/2 hr from home and had a nice outing for the first time this
year meeting many new folks and a number of old acquaintances.

A fellow came up and got to talking about an engine he had and wanted to know
if I would be interested in purchasing it.  I kept thinking I had seen him
somewhere and as it turned out he had been to our local show about 10 years ago
with it.  He pulled in with a motor home and the trailer with the engine and a
motorcycle on it.  He had gone thru a dip in the road too fast somewhere and
had bent the trailer jack back.  I got him a winch, and helped straighten it.
He rode his motorcycle that evening and pulled out sometime in the night due
to coming rain.  Had not seen the engine or person since and no name to
contact.

The engine was a most unusual one and made by the Parkersburg Machine Co.,
Company, W.Va., Parmaco engines.  As I remember it looked very much like a
Hercules engine, only it had a sideshaft.  Another fellow and I looked this engine
over with curiosity and were going to talk to the owner the next morning and
possibly purchase it. So, after 10 years it has surfaced again with the same
owner who told me it was a yard ornament at this place.  I have made
arrangements to see it this week, and of course take pictures if I remember the camera.

Would anyone have any information on the Parmaco engines? If memory serves me
correctly this engine was gas, but the BRB indicates oil engines.

Thanks,

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com