[SEL] Felix or Electra Engines

Andy rustyiron at bigpond.com
Fri Apr 15 16:37:06 PDT 2005

Hello All, I keep running this question now and again in the hope some day
some one will be able to help? Just before moving from the East coast to the
West coast, 4 years ago, I purchased a Felix Engine, which is still stored
on the East coast awaiting my return. I'm after any information about these
engines, I have only photo's of the engine I've in storage and can only
describe from looking at the photo's and from memory. It's a single
cylinder, 3.5hp, "F" type head/Barrel and has a brass tag with "Bartrum
Bor's Brisbane" or Bertrum, I couldn't find an engine # but have since been
told that it's in-between the Core plugs fittings on the top of the head.
I've phoned numerus times to the Timms brothers, and I've even sent photo's
of the engine with a return stamped envelope, asking for their help. I think
I made the mistake of telling them that this engine wasn't for sale and this
is the reason for the silence. I was warned of this by an other engine
collector who has had the same treatment. So if there is any one out there
who can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.
Andy....

Andy Nicholson
Exmouth W.A.
Oz.