[SEL] Felix or Electra Engines

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 06:58:11 PDT 2005

On 4/16/05, Andy <rustyiron at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hello All, I keep running this question now and again in the hope some day
> some one will be able to help? Just before moving from the East coast to the
> West coast, 4 years ago, I purchased a Felix Engine, which is still stored
> on the East coast awaiting my return. I'm after any information about these
> engines, I have only photo's of the engine I've in storage and can only
> describe from looking at the photo's and from memory. It's a single
> cylinder, 3.5hp, "F" type head/Barrel and has a brass tag with "Bartrum
> Bor's Brisbane" or Bertrum, I couldn't find an engine # but have since been
> told that it's in-between the Core plugs fittings on the top of the head.
> I've phoned numerus times to the Timms brothers, and I've even sent photo's
> of the engine with a return stamped envelope, asking for their help. I think
> I made the mistake of telling them that this engine wasn't for sale and this
> is the reason for the silence. I was warned of this by an other engine
> collector who has had the same treatment. So if there is any one out there
> who can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.
> Andy....
>
> Andy Nicholson

Hi Andy:

A very small bit of information, but it might help you.

Stationary Engine magazine in the UK has had a couple of articles on
these engines and their connection with the UK and Switzerland. I'm in
the US at present so can't help with any more than that, but it is a
start.

I vaguely remember that Hillman Cars may have been the UK connection as well.

HTH

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes