[SEL] Wire in Main Bearing Caps

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Thu Apr 14 08:07:13 PDT 2005

Mornin' Rick -

    I've never seen wire used in these low speed toys of ours, but I've
seen it (brass wire mesh) used quite a bit in high speed & racing
applications. My dad, for one, used it in the mains of his Model T hill
climber engines. These were very highly modified high revving engines.
If I remember right, I think he even used it in the stock blocks.

- Steve

--
Steve Gray
Member EDGE & TA, Br. 13, 27 & 49