[SEL] Show Awnings

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Apr 5 09:37:49 PDT 2005

I've had a few of the Quick Shade 10x10 canopies and they've worked well
for me.  In most cases a 10x10 is sufficient in size unless you attract
large groups of people wanting to share your shade or rain shelter.

One thing to remember is to not set up your canopy downwind of the steam
engines.  The smoke doesn't bother me that much, but the little holes
you get from hot cinders will ruin the canopy.  Speaking from
experience.

Another thing is to avoid the lightweight flimsy canopies and be sure to
anchor you canopy to the ground.  Speaking from experience again and
form witnessing others I know that it doesn't take a lot of wind to
destroy some canopies.

I've got some good mangled canopy pictures I took at the Grass Valley CA
show a few years ago.  My canopy came through the night okay, but the
garbage dumpsters were full the next day with mangled canopies.

Steve Gray was there too and could confirm this.

George