[SEL] Show Awnings

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Apr 5 10:44:41 PDT 2005

To add a couple of additional comments to George's...

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Best, George wrote:

> I've had a few of the Quick Shade 10x10 canopies and they've worked well
> for me.  In most cases a 10x10 is sufficient in size unless you attract
> large groups of people wanting to share your shade or rain shelter.

The large groups will also share your beer/pop/munchies supples.  Plan
accordingly.  8-))

Keep the side curtains for your canopy.  They are really handy for the
summer thunderstorms where the rain is flying horizontally!

> One thing to remember is to not set up your canopy downwind of the steam
> engines.  The smoke doesn't bother me that much, but the little holes
> you get from hot cinders will ruin the canopy.  Speaking from
> experience.

This also holds for Petters.  Petter spots are impossible to remove.

> Another thing is to avoid the lightweight flimsy canopies and be sure to
> anchor you canopy to the ground.  Speaking from experience again and
> form witnessing others I know that it doesn't take a lot of wind to
> destroy some canopies.

A really good anchorage consists of a ground screw anchor at each corner
with a 1" ratchet strap going up to the top corner frame.  Jake Faith at
Coolspring sells EXCELLENT screw anchors.  Tell him I sent you and you'll
get the "special price."  8-))

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA