[SEL] O.T. Hooking a Generator to Meter Base - Help

paulmaples at sbcglobal.net paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 04:39:03 PDT 2004

NO offense at all Jim and the advice is well taken. You have missed some of
my original posts. This is a new home that my son and wife are building with
no power to it whatsoever. We are waiting on the utility company to come out
and run the underground service but they say it will be a couple of weeks as
they have sent most of their crews to Florida. I am wiring the home, my son
and his wife are doing all of the painting and the staining of the floors
and we all need some power to work by, more than the two construction
extension cords that is currently available. I also needed to check out all
of my wiring circuits.

I now have the generator installed and all is working great. I will remove
it just as soon as the utility company calls me and tells me they are coming
to run the underground service.

Thanks James for the excellent advice, it is appreciated.

Paul