[SEL] O.T. Hooking a Generator to Meter Base - Help

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 03:43:03 PDT 2004

SEL,

I did not read the original question about hooking up
a generator so I am assuming we are doing it without a
double throw disconnect. I read one email to pull the
meter. That will prevent from back feeding. Do it the
safe way. Get a double throw switch so there is NO way
to have an accident. These switches can be bought at
any electric supply house.

Once you hook up your double throw switch you can also
wire in a light on the power company side so you know
when the power company has restored its power.

When it comes to electric I am a stickler for safety.
Anyone at anytime can hook up your generator to the
double throw and not accidentally forget to pull the
meter or what ever.

I am off my soap box and I hope I did not offend
anyone.

SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!

Jim

--- Glenn Wilson <wilson at stny.rr.com> wrote:

> If you do connect with the mains, just make sure you
> are in phase :)
> Glenn Wilson

=====
Jim and Janna Yost