[SEL] Friends and Igniters

Curt Holland curt at imc-group.com
Wed Sep 1 11:18:24 PDT 2004

Leroy,
How about the old fashioned Marvel Mystery Oil? It's claim to fame
was/is top cylinder lubrication, valves, etc.
So far we've got suggestions for coal oil, teflon powder lubricant,
anti-seize, Gibbs, PB Blaster, and diesel detergent oil. I think that's
all of them. I've got the Gibbs, teflon powder, anti-seize, and Marvel
Mystery Oil at home. I'll do some experimenting. Thanks for all the
great suggestions!
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC
P.S. Ted, Charles Stickney's thoughts on an external ignitor were to
keep the ignitor cool so as not to burn the points. Believe that is part
of the problem, it never gets hot enough to burn off deposits! Is
Stickney indeed the only manufacturer of engines to have an external
ignitor?