[SEL] Tale of Two Tangye's

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 27 05:17:16 PDT 2004

G'day All
Last year after looking for one for a while I purchased an English Tangye
5hp side shaft at an aution, it was in rough condition with many parts
having to be cast and also having to be resleaved. new rings etc.
Last month I was asked to look at an unknown engine in the next town by my
brother in law to give my opinion on a fair price, when we saw the engine I
could not believe it, a nealy complete Tangye with a lot of original paint
sitting under cover. The B.I.Law backed out of purchasing the engine and I
could not resist, other than who needs two engines of the same but the deal
was good and I now have something to use to copy the remaining parts.
I purchased the engine from an old lady that had just put her 85year old
husband into hospital, she was selling up and moving. it was sad to hear he
past away 3 days after I bought the engine
Anyway she said the engine had been laying there for many many years, he did
get it to run once but could not remember what he originally got it for.

To see the pictures
http://www.oldengine.org/members/kmorris/Webpages/Tangye1.html

Kerry