[SEL] National Rally - my resignation

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 14 06:12:37 PDT 2004

Adam

Never met you and looking forward to fix that at the National, all your
it has been great that someone on this list has the contacts with the
National committee to air what some of the hobby really think.
I ask you to rethink your decision and fight for your job even if no one
seems to give you thanks,

We all must live with our past but you say "the NHMA or Rally Committee" so
I assume you don't know the details wait and find out, and if your committee
of the 10th National Rally is fair dinkem then they will stick by you and
tell the unnamed club not to worry about attending.

After all if you are not in that position we may not come either, so tell
your committee that.

hang in there

Kerry
PS. what law says you cannot fire a coke can, I did in the States and
enjoyed it 8-))

Kerry Morris
Lithgow NSW OZ

Web   http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/kerrymorris_49

Friends in Engines

> Hi Everyone,
>             throughout my recent time as Safety Co-ordinator for the
National I have tried my very best to be fair and answer all questions to
the best of my ability and still keep the hobby and exhibitors at heart

> The responses I have given are of the information I have given or
interpreted from those above me. And I have stuck my neck out serveral times
to seek change for what I believe to be the benefit of the national and
hobby overall.

> However It has come to my attention that at least one club has complained
to the NHMA or Rally Committe about my actions thus far and stated they will
not be attending the rally if I am present as Safety Officer.

> They have also likened me to the Safety Officer who at the Bussleton
National was found to launch empty coke cans from exhusts of engines to see
how far they would go.

> I have no idea which club this is or how infact what actions I have done
previously could have even remotly likened me to the above mentioned Safety
Officer, but I feel having run rallys (including tractor pulls)as safety
officer for almost the last 10 years with out accident, complication, rocket
launches or dispute is something I should be proud of and infact I am!

> And therefore it is my beleif that it is in the best interests of everyone
concerned that I step down as Safety Co-odinator of the 10th National Rally
which I will formally do at the committe meeting next Thursday evening. As
the end result of the rally depends on as many people attending as possible
both exhibitors and public. My opinion is anything that may threaten this
core requirement needs to be removed immediately.

> I have enjoyed myself 100% in my time with the National Committee and
having input into the Natonal and I wish them all the very best and I still
remain open to anyone and indeed the National Committee who needs assitance
in regards to the safety side of our fantastic hobby.

> Any questions related directly to the National Rally from now on are to be
directed to Mr Julian Price who's contact information is on the National
Flyers and home page