[SEL] Keyway's (Maybe sorta kinda whatever OT)

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Tue Oct 12 19:07:10 PDT 2004

Gday,
    As a few of you might now know I am building another model at this
time and I came to the part where you cut the keyway into the crank.
Guess what it is 90 degrees off the throws... I have played with a good
number of engins and seen a few more but this was a first, I contacted
the vendor and he assures me that all GADE engins where this way? WHY?
and do you know of any others that are not 180 out from the throw? Even
those with weights on the crank, that I have noticed, are 180 what is
the deal here? I set the crank into the fixture waiting to hear from the
vendor as I thought this might be his error and I was going to go the
180 but he is set that it needs to be the 90. Now what?

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark