[SEL] nhma

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Oct 12 08:39:38 PDT 2004

Peter, I would pose this one thought -

>>criticism of the NHMA, the body that is running our shows to the
satisfaction of the majority of our members.<<

Can you prove that, or is it like over here - unless it REALLY hurts you
say little because it's less work that way and you believe nothing will
change anyway.
Is it not possible that if people were forced to tell the truth, the whole
truth, that they do not like it>
They simply don't believe that there is a choice, so they say and do nothing?

I know - it's possible that they ARE happy with it that way, very possible
(however I don't believe probable)
I've come to see over the years that most people simply opt to not speak up.

It seemed that most members of a local club here were happy too, until
some issues were forced, then we found, pleasantly surprised, that people
simply weren't speaking up but were resigned to let it ride. Once issues
were forced and they saw that change COULD indeed happen, they all chimed
in and changes DID happen.

Just some thoughts..........

Bill