[SEL] Keyway's (Maybe sorta kinda whatever OT)

Pete Stauffer oldengineman at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:05:20 PDT 2004

Hi Leroy,
    I checked my 3 GADE engines this morning before comming to work, and all
3 have the keyway in the crank at 90 degrees to the throw.  Note however,
the matching keyways in the flywheels are at 90 degrees from the
counterweights.  Thus the counterweights are opposite (180 degrees) from the
crank throw.  I sure don't know why GADE decided to do it this way, but they
did!  So go ahead and cut 'em in the model.  Maybe someone else has more
info.

Pete Stauffer, oldengineman at hotmail.com
Hidden deep in the hills of southern West Virginia