[SEL] Belt Dressing

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Mon Oct 11 09:27:04 PDT 2004

> I just looked at the McMaster online catalog, they sell a
> belt dressing in a spray can, I'm sure there are other
> sources for such product.

Y'know... I've been hording my belt dressing and lamenting that it's no longer
available.  I couldn't understand WHY it's no longer being made, as it's far
superior to the worthless spray on product.

Then it hit me.  Could it be that stick dressing is too much of a liability?
The sale of such a product clearly implies that the manufacturer suggests that
the user stick his hand inside moving machinery.  There's no doubt that it's
dangerous.  You know it, I know it, the manufacturers know it.

If an accident were to occur, the whimpering sheilas, their lawyers and their
insurance companies would take the manufacturer to the cleaners.

Rob
1 1/2 tubes remaining.

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California