[SEL] Governor for Chevy 350 engine?

Todengine at aol.com Todengine at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 05:08:13 PST 2004

Before I scrapped my Chevy pickup I pulled the 350 engine out of it.  I've
been thinking of coupling it up to a 20 hp DC motor that I have laying around
here and creating a generator.  The one problem that I can't figure out is how
to regulate the speed of the engine to a constant RPM.  Anyone have any
experience or knowlege of how to govern a car engine? Are there any companies that
make a governor mechanism, or am I going to have to cobble something together?

Any insights?

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Steam Engine Historic Landmark
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
www.todengine.org