[SEL] good engine day

Harry Terpstra h.terpstra at wxs.nl
Sun Nov 28 05:18:39 PST 2004

Yesterday we had a good engine day.
After some trial and error trying to get the Vertical air-cooled IHC Famous
going without snottering from the carburettor, we changed over to propane.
This too needed quite some fine tuning.
It was very hard to start, and after lots af headscratching we tried another
sparkplug, and it's startning with only one pull through compression.....
Seems we always were looking at the wrong end to find the problem.

Anyway this mornig we started it up at around 9.45am, and it has been
running flawless up until 4.15pm.
The engine will stay on propane!!

We also worked on our vertical Japy. We orederd new piston rings for it, and
this morning we put them on the piston and put the (headless) cylinder back
on the engine. It all turns over very nicely. I know we're still far from
having it running. (the magneto needs to have the coil rewind) but it was
much fun putting it back together.

Harry Terpstra
Sint Annaparochie
Netherlands