[SEL] Wisconsin Tradegy (ot)

MARVIN HEDBERG marvhed at ecenet.com
Tue Nov 23 14:09:43 PST 2004

just for the record, this is from an article in the minneapolis tribune:

<<<SKS isn't classified as an assault rifle
Dennis Anderson,  Star Tribune
November 23, 2004 HUNTERS1123.GUN

 John Monson, owner of Bill's Gun Shop and Range in Robbinsdale, regularly
stocks "two or three" SKS semiautomatic rifles of the kind authorities
said Chai Soua Vang of St. Paul used to kill six people and wound two
others.

The weapon is often misrepresented as an "assault" rifle, Monson said, but
the popular "sporterized," or hunting, version sold by Monson and used by
some deer hunters was not covered by the federal assault weapons ban that
recently expired.

The trigger of the semiautomatic SKS must be pulled each time to fire a
round.

Hunting versions of the SKS can be purchased legally at gun shops.>>>

marv in minn