[SEL] Economy Buzzrig Birthday Present

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Nov 22 07:14:52 PST 2004

Hi Steve,
         What you have pictured looks more like a generator than a magneto
to me. Looks like the engine starts on a battery and then is changed over
to the (whatever it is) for running. Am I correct on that?
         Dave
PS, If it's a magneto how does the timing work? (Not the trip of the
points, but the timing for firing the magneto?)
PPS, If I am correct that it is a generator, then it's about the same set
up as my 15 HP "push button" Domestic. The Domestic generator only produces
about 3v at the slow speed at which I run it. That's not enough to fire the
buzz coil on it!