[SEL] Economy Buzzrig Birthday Present

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 22 07:40:36 PST 2004

Dave

You are correct that it is a genrator.  Too much work and not enough play
out here...The galloway that I pictured has a battery in the wheel that
they use to start it on.

Steve
--- Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:
Hi Steve,
        What you have pictured looks more like a generator than a
magneto to me. Looks like the engine starts on a battery and then is
changed over to the (whatever it is) for running. Am I correct on that?
          Dave
PS, If it's a magneto how does the timing work? (Not the trip of the
points, but the timing for firing the magneto?)
PPS, If I am correct that it is a generator, then it's about the same set
up as my 15 HP "push button" Domestic. The Domestic generator only
produces about 3v at the slow speed at which I run it. That's not enough
to fire the buzz coil on it!