[SEL] IH 3m Engine

Brian Taylor brianne at ultratune.com.au
Sun Nov 14 02:18:18 PST 2004

Hi Guys
Re-assembly is happening!
IH 3m stationary engine
Could you please give me an idea of some of the basic settings for:
1. Inlet valve spring tension adjustment?
2. Exhaust valve clearance?
3. Initial setting for petrol valve? (1 1/2 turns out?)
4. Governor initial spring tension length?
5. When starting for the first time, would you crank with choke fully on?

We do not appear to have any sort of retainer for the gland packing for the
fuel pump rod.
I saw mentioned somewhere that it has a brass nut or similar to hold the
packing in position???

I will post some pics on the net when she is running.
I will also take some pics of some of the other stuff that the Museum has
and which may be of interest to everyone.

Many Thanks
Brian (Hervey Bay...QLD..Australia)