[SEL] IH 3m Engine

R and E Freeman plb at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 14 03:19:42 PST 2004

Brian,other's will hopefully add their own thoughts but this worked for me.
Inlet valve spring tension.  Trial and error. It will depend on how good
your valve stem clearance is and how well the butterfly seals in the mixer.
Exhaust valve. Don't think it matters much as long as its plenty.Mine has
clearance at the valve and also on the pushrod on the other side.
Petrol Valve.  Mine runs well at around a third of a turn but it will depend
on any wear on the needle and jet. Give it plenty and you will soon see
plenty of black smoke if its running rich.
Govenor springs   Mine are backed right off to allow the engine to run slow.
Choke  Mine likes full choke to start.
Fuel pumps vary a bit but mine has a inverted cone retainer and its held
down by a spring between the retainer and the lever that pushes it down.

Ray Freeman
Portable Line Boring
http://www.plb.iinet.net.au
plb at plb.iinet.net.au