[SEL] Lorenz info wanted

craig morrison benzengines at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 12:15:44 PST 2004

Ken /Curt
        After studing the picture of  the Lorenz along with pictures on the
internet and pictures that I have taken in Holland, I would tempt fate and
say that this is a latter version of the Lorenz probably throttle goverend I
give this view as it looks as if there is a fuel tap at the far side of the
picture,also on my own Lorenz which is mid 1920's the governer is contained
in a housing on the side shaft. The governer works on the exhaust rocker
which is under the cylinder , also a rod operates the inlet valve on top of
the cylinder.
        As to serial numbers these are stamped on every part of the big end
bearing plus various small parts ( only the last 2 digits of the number are
used ), no complete serial number was found on any place on our engine .
        To add to the confusion I have translated as best I can from a
Lorenz book that is in Chech as follows ;
Normal horse power 3
Maximum horse power 3.5
Speed 750 rpm
Flywheel 650 mm diameter
Weight 240 kg on original steel trolley
Bore 100mm diameter
Stroke 200mm long

        See you later Craig Morrison ( Scotland )