[SEL] Lorenz info wanted

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Fri Nov 12 10:03:18 PST 2004

> also on my own Lorenz which is mid 1920's the
> governer is contained
> in a housing on the side shaft. The governer works on the
> exhaust rocker which is under the cylinder ,
> also a rod operates the inlet valve on top of
> the cylinder.

Hi Craig,
Is that the same Lorenz of which you had the photographs last August?  At the
time, I thought it looked similar to ours, but we have a continuously operated
exhaust valve, and the governor works on the intake.

> Speed 750 rpm

Shazzam!  That spec must be for metric rpm's.  Even though it's well balanced,
there's no way I'd get near that engine if it was running at 750 SAE rpm's!!!

Rob

P.S.
Is your Lorenz featured on the Online Lorenz Registry?