[SEL] Fuel for babbitt/lead melting burner

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon Nov 1 14:07:03 PST 2004

Thank you Chuck..no Rob this burner is like an ole style blow torch.  I
remember Uncle Joe used to use just plain ole leaded regular pump gas in his
blow torches.  Probably could use the new pump gas in this.  I believe not
only was it used for melting babbitt but probably used by plumbers a day or
two ago along with Lead and Oakum to seal the cast iron sewer pipes.

Now that was a day or two ago!!!

Thanks guys!!
Rick