[SEL] Fuel for babbitt/lead melting burner

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Mon Nov 1 16:38:19 PST 2004

I've got one of the plumbers pots and a couple old blow torches laying
around too. I liked to use the white fuel, it takes longer for it to go
bad unlike gasoline and gasoline has a slightly lower evaporation
temperature, meaning the warmer it gets inside the container the more
pressure... white gas has a slightly higher evaporation point. Kerosine
has a much higher evaporation point. I tried kerosine in both the torches
and the plumbers pot and neither one would burn right. Kerosine burns too
slow...

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com
b10730 at hotmail.com